Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sock Surgery!

So I posted in my last entry that I had a sock that needed help. I actually had two. I started my Jaywalkers FOREVER ago and lost my mind and stitched the toe in the wrong direction. *hides face*.

So I went to Knit Night last week and my good pal Cindy showed up with JUST the answer! Size 000 DPNs. Have you seen them? TEENY TINY but just perfect for some sock surgery!

Now I am just waiting for a QUIET few hours so that I don't get distracted by my lovely but noisy children.







I also was able to complete my short row scarf so that I could wear it out for Date Night! My husband kept nagging me...."how long is it going to BE?" LONG. So I can do THIS:

Ignore my "Deer in the Headlights" look. Darling Husband was having frustration with the new camera. LOL I also didn't get the ends lined up for the pic. It is SO soft as VERY warm. Now he is jealous that HIS isn't that long.








Two more knitted headbands!

One for my WW leader who is SO sweet and kind and fawned all over mine. One for a sweet Secret Santa Pal who is a big Cardinals fan. Hopefully she will like it and wear it to a spring game!

Oh and I got started on a really cute shrug pattern I found! I am knitting in Plymouth Encore double stranding it. It's heavier knitting than I have been knitting so I can't do hours and hours of it.







So I have one more headband I want to knit. In a really pretty blue colorway. That's it for "need to get done knitting". I am also going to be working on fixing my socks, starting my 2nd Jaywalker and working on my shrug.


Here is a little "non- knitting" bit. This is one of my Nativity sets. It was my Great Grandmothers. She kept it in her Sunday School room. When I was little my Grandmother always had it out on a table and I was allowed to play with the pieces. So when I had my first child, 12 years ago, she gave it to me. Said it was meant to be in a home with children. So I have had it and always allowed them to play with them. I should have known that when I got my boy, things might change. The pieces are now a bit chipped and the poor Camel had to say Good-Bye last year when he lost 2 of his legs. But it's cherished though aged and I look forward to putting it out as much as any other decoration we have.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey there is my head band. lol I have worn it alot already. I LOVE it. I love your scarf. I might just have to get that pattern from you. :)