Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Oh is 2007 almost over already?♦

I haven't just NOT blogged. I have not knit for so long until my good friend Heather told me about The Unoriginal Hat from The Yarn Harlot and I thought it would be perfect for my one skein of Manos I had left over from Last Christmas Gift Knitting. It came out smaller than I thought (Fits DS so I am hoping it will fit my oldest daughter) so I am gifting it and a neckwarmer made with the leftover.


Then I said Hey I think I have a sock pair waiting to be finished! So I whipped that out. DH's much desired over the calf socks....In Trekking.....

Imagine my dismay when he called out the other night "Hey hon I think I have a hole in my toe! OMigosh I threw down whatever I happened to be knitting and ran over to see the toe APPEAR to be losing it's "tail". So I thought no biggie right? I will just pull it tight and re-sew it back in....um, no. Whatever I pulled started UNRAVELING it. ***GROAN*** I have sat it and will take it with me when I go to the LYS and pray someone can fix it for me.

I realized the other night that ever winter I labor away to finish my next piece only to gift it away and here I stroll into the store with my *gasp* store bought scarf. No more! I am in the works of making this lovely Short Row Scarf with the two skeins of Malabrigo. The color is "Sealing Wax' and wouldn't you know it IS the same color as my homestate's flagship bourbon - Makers Mark. I am taking this with to the knit night tomorrow at the LYS - Knitorious. I can't wait to show it off.








Last but not least, when Kirkwood Knittery moved their store they had a big sale and I got to snatch an item blindly from their "grab bag". I came up with some lovely Inca Alpaca by Classic Elite. I finally got around to working that soft stuff into this awesome cabled headband. Imagine my grin when my weight watchers leader swooned over it today! So naturally, I told her I would whip her one up for Christmas. There goes my "no gifts knitting" this year. It's small though and I can do it in an afternoon.

No comments: