Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My Daughter the Musician!


Megan who is in the 5th grade and in Middle School had her first band concert the other night. She is playing Clarinet and I am so proud of her. I have to say I was very impressed with each band that played. The 5th and 6th grade each had their own band and the 7th & 8th graders had a seperate one.

They all played so well! I had never heard a bunch of 5th graders sound so good so of course I ordered the CD they made....well not 1 but 6....have to send them to family! Yes these pics are staged because she is 3rd chair and from where I sat I couldn't get a good angle on her and my pics all turned out dark... can you tell she is excited!?



















I didn't mean for this scarf to come out so skinny (3.5" wide) but my novice brain didn't know it would pull in so much. Blocking may be an option but I have never done that and I don't think it looks bad so I am giving it as is. I made sure it was plenty long and the furry sections sure does give it some interest but my goodness the ends to weave in! I hope my friend like it! It was knit with Nature Wool Chunky. I just loved the pink color....I wanted a pretty green but couldn't find one that spoke to me.

Hopefully I will be able to get a pic of my friend wearing it so you can see it modeled.




I started my mothers scarf in the Manos....I searched for a pattern that wasn't too busy but would look beautiful with the yarn.....again I chose the One Row Scarf from The Yarn Harlot... I just really like it's result and the ease of pattern.....
I really hope she wears this one. I have yet to see her wear the other two I knit for her last year one of which I really really loved but it was before my passion REALLY sunk in and so I don't have a picture of it.










So still on the needles is :

  • Moms Manos Scarf
  • My Red Scarf ....I cast on the 2nd time last night with Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds....pictures to come soon....
  • Chenille Washcloth....for a friend of mine
Projects to Start:

  • Darling Husband's Besotted Scarf
  • Socks for everyone.....THAT should keep me busy for a while....LOL

No comments: