Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy 2007!!



I thought I would share a few pics of my family and of course my Yarn Pirate Sock Yarn and first sock in process!! Its tradition we open new jammies on Christmas Eve....so here are my kids all excited for Christmas and Santa coming! My son looks so big in this picture!


I have to share a pic of our Turkey because after our disaster of a bird last year we changed pans and prayed. We had dinner with another family this year and we had a lot of people depending on this bird! Isn't he beautiful!









So here is my Yarn Pirate Sock Yarn!!! I bought it with Christmas money and as fate would have it, I actually got it ON Christmas because I apparantly forgot to check the mail on Saturday and my daughter found it in the mailbox on Christmas! Thank goodness I got a ball winder from Darling Husband for Christmas so I could wind it and get started! Yes people he WENT IN to the LYS that I go to! From a breif description I belive he talked to Georgia at Hearthstone Knits....Funny story (especially if you are a HP fan)....he came home that night and of course something about knitting came up and he said "Oh I saw some nice yarn today"...I looked at him slyly and said "I bet I know where YOU went then." He looked sheepish and said "Shouldnta said that...." Too cute! Anyway I digress. These beautiful yarns are "Hydrangea" and "Loopy" Tencel/Merino sock yarn! I just adore it and of course couldn't WAIT to wind it and get started! I employed my hubby to be my swift.....next years wish list has already started... *wink* I searched and searched for just the *right* pattern to show off the beauty of this colorway....and came up with Jaywalkers.....here I am as I started last night.... who would have thought this cute pattern is basically a simple two round design one of which is simply knit around....perfect! This pic makes it look lighter....the above pic is the right lighting to show the colorway.

I have joined the Sisterhood of the Traveling Stash so check out that blog and when I get the box I will be posting ALL about that too!

Well finally today the girls are in school! Long two weeks that was I tell ya and tomorrow Jack is back in the swing of pre-school so I am thoroughly excited to peace and quiet!



Happy Knitting and Happy 2007!!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

So, so pretty! Love the new sock yarn!