Tuesday, January 30, 2007

SO I know it's been forever!

I HAVE been knitting! In fact I have been knitting like a fiend....in the car, at home, at the coffee shop, I literall am dreaming knitting....why you ask? Because I am on a stealth knitting project for a dear friend and when I envisioned it, I assumed I would have until Early-Mid March to complete it and then wham-o the baby shower was moved up an entire month....SO I am scrambling.. my kids are doing the math....."you need to do this much today mom and every day to finish", my husband is doing the math....."You are gonna teach us all to knit to finish aren't you?" LOL The time it would take though to TEACH them would be wasted when I could be knitting....It IS a labor of love though.....after the shower I will post LOTS of pics to show my journey!

The little bit of knitting content I can share is that I have boughtt about $85 in yarn since the new year (not counting the above mentioned project) and seriously I think I am sick. This is on top of all kinds of yarn I have stuck away in closets....but now that I am really buying all this "Fancy awesome pricey" yarn, the old stuff just sits.....LESSON LEARNED! LOL

I am grasping at straws but I might try to find reciepts for some of it.....

Here is my latest purchases!

More sock yarn! I got the Regia and the stripes from The Loopy Ewe..... Mountain Colors for DH....Trekking XXL for me.....Malabrigo for a good friends baby....I had her go back for one more skein since I found the perfect set to make.....The purple is Louet Gems....I really like the feel of that and I want to make some socks for hanging out in the house! Since Kirkwood Knittery was having a special opening sale, if you spent $50 you got to pick a blind skein out of a grab bag....I knew it felt good but I wasn't sure just how good.....Inca Alpaca!! Very excited at the options there!


Other than that, just trying to stay warm in this frigid air....all the winter blah without any of the winter fun! Snow! Dang it I am so ready for Spring!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I have too dang much of the "Micheal's Yarn" from when I first got back into knitting myself... Maybe I'll use some of it for charity or kids knitting someday? I also keep thinking that if any of the kids get into knitting, I can let them have that stuff to practice on.